Back in October of 2015, I had the honor of delivering a TEDx talk at TEDxVillanovaU. I talked about the experience a bit in Episode 2 before I gave my talk, but I wanted to give more information on how I was invited and selected to be a TEDx speaker, how I prepared for my talk, and how you might be able to participate in a TEDx event – as a speaker or as a guest.
Here are three keys to preparing and giving a TEDx talk:
- Believe you have an idea worth spreading.
- Seek the opportunity, or at least be ready for it when it comes.
- Prepare like nobody’s business.
Just My Thoughts
The Olympics dominated the news for the month of August. Ryan Lochte lied about being robbed and tried to be slick by flying back the states and dying his hair. The USA brought home 121 medals, but women, and black women particularly, showed out! Women like Simone Biles, Michelle Carter, Simone Manuel, Dalilah Muhammed, Gabby Douglas, Allison Felix, Ibtijah Muhammed, and many olders made true history in Brazil. #Blackgirlmagic is real.
Mentioned In This Episode
- Look for TEDx events near you
- General information about applying and organizing a TEDX event
- The 10 most popular TEDx (two of my favorites are on the list)
- Frank Ocean dropped an album. Two, actually. After 4 years.
- And so did Maxwell! How I missed this last month is beyond me.
Join the Email List!
Click here to join the email list and get exclusive content and show announcements!
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, a topic suggestion, or feedback, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a voicemail by clicking that pretty green tab on the right. You can follow me and the show on twitter, and like the How Does She Do It? Facebook page.